Who can access services?

York Hills works with children, youth and their families from age 0 -18. The identified child or youth must live in York Region to be eligible for services.

How do I start?

You can start by calling our Intake Department at 905-503-9560. Our Intake Staff will answer your questions and talk to you about what services we offer. They will ask you some questions in an effort to understand your needs and help identify what the next steps should be.

We also offer a Walk-In Clinic, Mondays and Tuesdays at our Yonge Street location, for more information click here. You can access services by attending the Walk-In Clinic, they will support you in identifying next steps, if needed.

How much does it cost?

All of our child and youth mental health services are free of charge.

Is there a wait?

The wait times vary depending on the service being accessed. Our brief services generally have a shorter wait than our longer term services. We do endeavour to support all families who are waiting by regularly checking in and offering a range of services while waiting. Our intake department will offer more specific information around wait times.

Where are you located?

We have four locations throughout York Region. Efforts are made to meet at a place that works best with families and options will be explored when you book an appointment.

What languages are spoken?

We have staff that speak a variety of languages however our primary language is English. We do work with translators when needed. When you call the agency the intake worker will inquire about your communication needs and work with you to ensure that they are met.

What training does York Hills staff have?

York Hills Staff have a variety of educational backgrounds, experience and expertise. Some of the professions include social workers, child and youth workers, psychotherapists, play therapists, mediators, ADR specialists, psychologists and specialized consultants. If applicable, staff are required to maintain membership within their respective professional regulatory bodies. York Hills appreciates the complexity of the challenges that families are dealing with. When appropriate we use the input of different disciplines in order to provide the assessment and treatment that best meets the needs of the children, youth and families we serve.

How do you report child abuse?

York Hills is not a child welfare agency. In Ontario, the Child and Family Service Act, notes “If there is a suspicion of child abuse or neglect, or risk of child abuse, everyone, professionals and non-professionals alike, must immediately report these concerns to a local Children’s Aid Society (CAS).” If a staff at York Hills suspects that this is occurring they are obliged by law to contact the appropriate child welfare agency.

In York Region, contact one of the agencies below:

York Children’s Aid Society at (905) 895-2318 or 1-800-718-3850

Jewish Child & Family Services (JF&CS) at 416-638-7800.

York Region Police Services at 866-8POLICE or 1-866-876-5423 (non-emergencies only)

I would like to know more about mental health and/or parenting.

Here are some great resources to help you get started.  



York Hills also offers workshops on a wide range of topics. Please check our calendar for upcoming events!

Skip to content